THINGS TO SEE IN VENICE
ST. MARK’S DISTRICT: The Doge’s Palace, St. Mark’s Basilica, St. Mark’s Square with its Clock Tower, the Archaeological Museum, the Fenice theatre, Campo San Stefano and its Church.
CASTELLO DISTRICT: The ancient arsenal, the Naval History Museum, the Querini Stampalia House-Museum, the numerous churches including the Church of S. Francesco della Vigna, the Church of San Giorgio dei Greci, the Church of San Zaccaria, and the Basilica of S.S. Giovanni e Paolo.
CANNAREGGIO DISTRICT: Church of the Carmelitani Scalzi, the small square and Church of S. Geremia, Palazzo Labia, Palazzo Surian, Palazzo Mastelli, the Madonna dell’Orto Church, Palazzo Contarini, Palazzo Vendramin Calergi (today’s Municipal Casino), Cà d’Oro, Church of S.S. Apostoli, the Jesuit Church and many other churches.
EVENTS IN VENICE
- The “San Pietro di Castello” festival, held at the San Pietro di Castello church and small square at the end of June, lasting 5 days;
- The Redentore festival, the famous festival with a pilgrimage on a pontoon bridge and a party in the evening accompanied by the stunning, traditional fireworks display, held on the third Sunday in July.
- The Murano regatta, one of the year’s most important rowing races with traditional lagoon boats, held on the first Sunday in July;
- The Regata Storica (“Historical Regatta”), the most important and spectacular water event, with a historical procession and rowing race, held on the first Sunday in September.
Art and Culture:
- International Film Festival at the “Palazzo del Cinema” in Lido (end of August-start of September);
- “Biennale” international art exhibition (every two years), from mid-June until the beginning of November.
HOW TO GET THERE
Venice is approximately 55 km from Eraclea Mare. There are lots of different ways to get there:
- by motorboat (approx. 40 min): from Punta Sabbioni, you arrive directly to St. Mark’s Square;
- by train (approx. 40 min): from San Donà di Piave, you arrive to Venice S. Lucia station;
- with your own car (approx. 60 min): you can drive to Piazzale Roma;
- with an ATVO bus: the stop is in front of Portofelice (approx. 80 min) and you arrive into Piazzale Roma;
- with the QUICKLY service organised by ATVO and ACTV (bus and motorboat): from Eraclea Mare, you can get to Punta Sabbioni with an ATVO bus. From here, you take an ACTV motorboat directly to Venice-St. Mark’s Square.
You can buy tickets from the Portofelice reception.